Know Your Company
- What is your SWOT Analysis?
- What are your core competencies?
- What are your key differentiators?
- What are your financials?
- What are your values?
- What is mission?
- What is your culture?
|| Know Your Customers
- What are your most profitable niche markets?
- What is your Ideal Customer definition?
- What do your customers care about most?
- How do your customers rate investment decisions?
- What are your customers’ Key Productivity Indicants (KPIs)?
- Who are your customers’ key buying influences?
- How do your customers make decisions?
|| Know Your Product Value
- How does your product/service connect with your customers’ KPIs?
- What is the quantified benefit of your product/service?
- What is the best institutional financial message of your product/service?
- What is the “cost of delay” relative to your product/service?
|| Know Where Your Are Now
- What is your market share?
- What is your market position relative to your closest competitors?
- What is your product/service value relative to your closest competitors?
- What is your current business mode (growth, decline, stagnate)?
- What is the current market mode?
|| Know Where Your Want To Go
- What is your 1, 3 and 5 year vision?
- Does your mission statement need revision?
- What are your 1, 3 and 5 year business goals?
- What are your short, medium and long-term forecasts?
- How do you want to be viewed by customers?
- How do you want to be viewed by stakeholders?
- Where and how do you want to grow?
|| Optimize Resource Allocation
- Do you have the in-house resources to accomplish business goals?
- Which, if any, capabilities should be outsourced?
- Should you pursue strategic alliances to stretch capabilities into critical areas that are not in core competencies?
- How should resources be best aligned to produce maximum effectiveness of execution?
|| Draft & Implement Strategic Plan
- Draft plan that incorporates all necessary elements and translates them to actionable components.
- Ensure plan is seamless across work functions and align in the direction of company goals.
- Employ a real-time monitoring system to measure company execution against the plan. Tweak as necessary.
- Conduct quarterly or semi-annual reviews to test that the underlying assumptions driving the plan are still valid.